I got some good smartphone advice when I asked for it a few weeks ago. Thanks to all of you who commented. Despite that good advice, I am still undecided. Here are my priorities (in this order):
1. Must work with Sprint service
2. Must be able to do EVDO Rev. A
3. Must be able to do phone-as-modem, preferably via Bluetooth
4. Must be easy to use as a phone
5. Must be easy to synch with Outlook and relatively straightforward to use for PDA functions
6. Must be easy to carry, preferaby in my pocket (as small and light as possible)
E-mail is fine, but it’s not the killer app for the way I use/intend to use my phone. I’m sure it will be cool to have a camera in my phone, but I don’t expect to use it much. WiFi is nifty, but not a requirement. Ability to run various 3rd party applications could be cool too, but again not a requirement.
With all of that in mind, should I buy the new Mogul (story here, details here)?
One thing I would suggest Clif, as part of your decision process, is go into one of the stores and play with the phones. I’m very glad I did this when I was making my decision, because I started out being interested in the Windows devices but immediately dismissed them after experiencing how slow they perform. Maybe you’ll like WinM06 over Palm, maybe the other way around. At the very least, you’ll feel like you made an informed decision before dropping down $400+ on a phone. 😉
It is still very new, but I couldn’t be happier with my new BlackBerry Curve. Mine is through AT&T(Cingular), but you may find similar for Sprint.You should get one just to mess with Jim Walton… 🙂