1. Jason Lee posted a bunch of pictures from the church tours today. I’m featured prominently in a few. 😉
2. Jim Walton put up a Picasa set. This image features Ian gesturing expansively.
3. Driving from Henderson Hills to lunch we were in the van for around 15 minutes. During that time Jeremie, Matt, and Ian were on the WiFi from their laptops. Jason Lee was on his cell phone. They were answering tech support issues, getting e-mail, etc. These guys are so nerdy, they make me seem almost normal by comparison. The RoundTable is a serious geek-in. Also, it begs the question: Are we too connected?
4. Great to reconnect with Terry Storch today.
6. There is something very special about the CITRT. I’ve been involved in secular trade organizations where people come together to network with their peers. Of course the CITRT is similar to countless trade associations, yet it is much more. We aren’t ignorant of the differences in our histories, traditions, styles, and even theologies, yet we choose to overlook those differences to see the essential unity of the Body of Christ and the commonality of our mission. I believe God is bringing us together. We truly are on the same team. This group lives that out in a way that is unique in my experience.
7. Ian and Matt agreed with me that the trip down here would have been worth it just for what we experienced today. It’s awesome that we have four more days ahead. Bring it on!